3/30/08

No extra parts

Sometimes I come up here at night, even when I'm not fixing the clocks, just to look at the city. I like to imagine that the world is one big machine. You know, machines never have any extra parts. They have the exact number and type of parts they need. So I figure if the entire world is a big machine, I have to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.
This is a quote from this amazing book by Brian Selznick, called The Invention of Hugo Cabret.
I loved this book. It is done using lots of hand drawn black and white pictures by the author and some actual photographs as well. The pages of the book are black with white print and the story is about a boy who lives in a hidden apartment in a Paris train station in 1931. This is an incredibly creative book, a work of art.

No comments: